Thursday, May 10, 2012

Interview




           When I was at dance yesterday I asked my Choreographer/ Dance teacher questions to help you realize how fun it would be to be a dance teacher. My dance teachers name is Alania Bridges, she is such a great teacher. She can be a friend to you also. Having a reliable dance studio is something I love having. To share some of her experiences with you I asked a few questions. If wanting to know more comment your questions and I will comment back. 







Who do you like to teach the most and why?

I like to teach my senior class the most. I’ve had the girls for many years so we all are friends and can joke around while I’m teaching. Its fun to teach the girl because they are so talented they get the new move only after a few tries. I enjoy watching them grow into beautiful dancers.



What are some of your favorite competitions and what do you like best about them? 

I like showstoppers the best they are organized and conduct business in a professional manner. Plus the trophies are nice. I’d have to say my next favorite is star talent my girls rock that competition every time we are there. One of my girls had won a trip to Los Angeles there.



If you had to give advice to a person who wanted to be in dance but was to scared what would you tell them? 

 I would say just give it a try never run or hide from the things you are scared of. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to learn anything new. 




What got you started in teaching dance? 

 I was thirteen and got the chance to be an assistant at my studio. I enjoyed working with the younger children. When I was fifteen a lady saw me at a talent show and called me wondering if I wanted a job teaching at her studio. I accepted the job and now own that studio.



How long did it take you to realize you wanted to be a dance teacher?


The first week of dance when I was five I came home. I told my mom I wanted to be a dance teacher like Mrs. Crystal. I guess I knew that dance was just meant for me.



Do you like working with kids and why? 

I do like working with children it brings joy to my life. Watching children grow and become dancers is rewarding.



If you can not see the video, or is blocked here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB8p0JIf8Uk




No comments:

Post a Comment